13 thoughts on “Stay in Touch with Paul W. Hankins

1. Hey Paul,
    Great stuff. I’ve been singing off that same song sheet for 36 years in Louisville. Sorry we’ve missed each other (so far).
    I’m for supporting the joyful growth of avid readers who become lifelong learners by self-selecting books. That sets them up to be lifelong contributors to their families and communities, regardless of their educational “attainment.”
    To that end, I work now creating world-wide “book abundance” by leveraging technology for kids, their families and their teachers.
    Looks like we just might get there here in the next few years. Hope to meet you along the way.
    All best wishes, sir.
    Mark C.

2. Yes, Joy! Thank you for sending along that link. I already have it mocked up in the post for tomorrow morning, and I will be updating the post as the new poems come in. I am so excited to be a part of this special tradition within the poetry community.

3. Hi, Paul…you’re listed as the host for Poetry Friday for January 30th…has this changed?

4. Dear Mr. Hankins,

I follow you on Facebook and Twitter and am daily inspired but your art, your reading, and your artful teaching. I saw today that you were buying 5 copies of Lowriders in Space (which I love AND there’s a sequel coming). I’m not sure if you’re aware of Bookology Magazine, which our company publishes online, but there are interviews with both the author and cartoonist in this issue:

http://www.bookologymagazine.com/issue/may-2015/

I thought you might like to share them with your students. I think there’s some good stuff in Cathy and Raul’s answers. (Look down near the bottom of the table of contents for that issue.) You might also find the Bookstorm (second from bottom) to be helpful because it lists other titles that students might enjoy and find beneficial. I wrote the BOokstorm and Cathy signed off on it. (Do you know that she’s a librarian in Portland, OR?)

Thanks for being an inspiration to so many.

Vicki Palmquist
    Winding Oak

5. Hi there,
    I loved this post, and I’m always looking for more pictures books to help my low level juniors understand more complex texts. Would you be willing to share more of the picture book titles you use?

6. I just discovered your blog – inspiring! I have quoted you on a recent post: They will not read 100% of the books we do not share…
    That statement really struck a chord with me. Thank you for sharing your work and thinking.

7. I’m a NYT reporter, working on a story about school security. Deadline today. I’m interested in your experience with lockdown drills, etc. Can you talk? 212-556-1279

8. Mr. Haskins, I’m a New York Times reporter, working on a story about school security. Deadline today. I’m interested in your experience with lockdown drills, etc. Can you talk?
    best,
    anemona
    212-556-1279